We stopped in Panguitch, Utah, to grab sandwiches for lunch, and then headed back towards Highway 12 to stop and eat it. The dogs ran around for a bit while we stretched our legs. They also got to meet some horses, probably resting between horseback riding trips.
Headed eastbound, we turned right at this sign.
We were here, where the red arrow is above.
View of the red rocks, from the side of the road. Definitely reminds me of Thunder Mountain Railroad at Disneyland.
The beginning of Dixie National Forest.
Beautiful red rocks.
Rocks and trees.
Rest area… Britta out for a stroll.
Britta and Blue going to see the horses.
A view across the highway, on the north side of the road.
This entry is part of our Summer 2013 Boulder Utah Getaway series of posts.
4. Rest Area | Thunder Mountain Rest Area Along Scenic Byway 12
6. Scenic Drive | Bryce Canyon National Park
8. Dining | Hell’s Backbone Grill
9. Hiking | Deer Valley Lake
10. Exploring | Lower Bowns Reservoir
12. Rest Area | Burr Trail
13. Scenic Drive | Burr Trail
14. Scenic Drive | Wolverine Canyon
15. Hiking | Long Canyon Slot
16. Rest Area | Red Canyon
17. Rest Area | Highway 9